[casual_games] .NET and Silverlight

Gorm Lai gorm at lai.as
Sat Jun 2 07:26:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Well, I was thinking that in half a year or a year, Silverlight might no
longer be considered an extra download, just as I guess that the basic Flash
component no longer is?

If we are not considering Silverlight, do there exist any statistics on how
big the install base is for .Net 1.0, .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.0? Also, are there
any difference in how difficult it is to get people to download MS specific
components such the .NET runtime contrary 3rd party frameworks such as the
JRE?

Cheers,

Gorm

_____