[casual_games] .NET and Silverlight

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 23:04:01 EDT 2007

Hi Gorm!

Broadly speaking, extra downloads are a big barrier to success in the casual
game world. Player don't much like to download and install things,
especially things they aren't directly requesting. If you talk to the
Puzzle Pirates folks, I believe they'll tell you that requiring the JRE
download was a barrier for many users.

Dave Rohrl
Independent casual game producer/designer