[casual_games] Use of keyboard on casual games

gabor at catmoongames.com gabor at catmoongames.com
Mon Jun 4 07:14:49 EDT 2007

Hello all

I've tested nearly all the available publishers represented themselves on
the Casuality West in feb/07 Amsterdam about a new game concept which uses
both a few keys periodically (the 4 arrows) AND the mouse (only the mighty
left :) )together. All of them very liked the characters, the idea, and
the whole concept in the presentation, but all of them are refused on the
"a bit complicated" controlling method. ("oh you know our typical buyer is
a 4x woman")

So thats graphically rich, original title never will to reach the market,
just becouse the controlling is defined from the publisher's side as
"complicated"..just becouse they made a declaration that females are
unable to controll a game this way. Anybody can to show me a product which
was fallen on the bad controlling method ?

But if its true, i can't imagine how females are able to use the keyboard
and mouse when they using OFFICE for example (and typing like hell), which
is quite complicated. 8:) ...or all of the typical casual players are
under IQ100 ? I don't think so.

Best

Gabor

Gabor Forrai