[casual_games] web based 3D technologies market

Gert-Jan Brok cglist at fantazm.com
Wed Jun 27 04:08:31 EDT 2007

Hi Robert,
I've looked at igloader before, and it looks like a nice technology but
as we are creating a completely new game (we don't have an exe laying
around) I don't think this would be the optimal way of working for us.
And I guess the penetration rate of the plug-in is even lower than for
example the virtools life player.

And you know how difficult it can be to convince a client to try go with
this new plug-in technology just to get that extra visual effect or
other cool new feature. When I tell the client the penetration rate is
anything less than 50% he won't even try to consider it as an option.

Now we have a special target group, 20-35yr tech savvy hardcore gamers.
So installing a plug-in is not as big a problem as with the usual casual
gaming audience. But nevertheless we want to make the experience as
painless as possible.

cheers,
Gert-Jan
Fantazm - Creating Games