[casual_games] web based 3D technologies market

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:47:14 EDT 2007

On 27/06/07, Gert-Jan Brok <cglist at fantazm.com> wrote:

> Now we have a special target group, 20-35yr tech savvy hardcore gamers. So

> installing a plug-in is not as big a problem as with the usual casual gaming

> audience. But nevertheless we want to make the experience as painless as

> possible.

Then your java penetration figures are likely to be a lot higher than
quoted. It's pre-installed as standard on most new PC's (Sun signed
agreements initially with HP and Dell, IIRC, and - allegedly - has
since expanded from there), and has been for years now. This means
that the hardcore gamer market (who buy a new PC much more often than
most users) has a much higher penetration than average.

Adam