[casual_games] Bad Word List?

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Thu Mar 15 14:50:52 EDT 2007

The guys in the White House are Dick and Bush. Can't talk about them in
mixed company :-)

Profanity filtering has always been tricky. When I was with McAfee we had a
privacy/child protection product that needed to filter on 'profane' words.
That was the most comprehensive list I've ever seen, and it did get rather
absurd, as so much depends on context.

And of course any word can be made to sound like an insult, and
substitutions are so simple given the maliability of human langage.

This article is rather germane;
http://www.fudco.com/habitat/archives/000058.html