[casual_games] Bad Word List?

strictfoo-games at yahoo.com strictfoo-games at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 14:37:14 EDT 2007

>> Some of the words on that list are interesting, specifically 666, com,

gay, and Jew. And this is just the base that people add to?

Yes,
by themselves those words and phrases are fairly benign. But the
problem is we're dealing with quasi-anonymous Internet users here, not
people talking at a business function. I also didn't see where they
said that people don't remove words. Also, "com" is clearly included to
help prevent people from spamming.

>> I also question what

would happen if our vice president joined this chat and people started
addressing him by his first name.

What, is his name Gay 666Jew?
I guess I don't see where the problem would be.

Eric Brandel
ebrandel at yahoo.com

<!-- DIV {margin:0px;}-->

Some of the words on that list are interesting, specifically 666, com, gay, and Jew. And this is just the base that people add to?

At what point do profanity filters become more offensive than the language they actually filter?

I also question what would happen if our vice president joined this chat and people started addressing him by his first name.

On 3/15/07, Derrick Morton
<derrick at flowplay.com> wrote:

Excellent! Thanks for the help Jonathan

Derrick