[casual_games] Conversion numbers - what makes a "successful title"?

George Donovan George.Donovan at gameagents.com
Tue Mar 27 15:53:02 EDT 2007

FROM:

Smash = above 400,000 units. This will cost you between 250 - 700K to
develop this type of game - and if you are good, you can deliver a smash
once every couple games. Sales are so top heavy in our market - the other
stratifications of games will keep you alive, but will probably not make
much big-time profit. (at 2M in revenue for a smash - one in five of your
games needs to be a smash)

If you read Ernie & Ion's article in the current issue of the Casual Connect
Magazine - they point out that in a hit driven business, you are going to
eventually going to need to deliver a hit to stay alive in the market.
(http://mag.casualconnect.org/) Everyone should read this if you haven't
already, they did a great job.

The online casual games industry is almost at 1 Billion USD now! We aren't
a cute little industry anymore, so it maybe a good idea to hire a consultant
or partner with an established company to evaluate and learn about the
industry and flush out a business plan before jumping in.

"

Jessica Tams : Managing Director : Casual Games Association

George Donovan

President
www.GameAgents.com <http://www.gameagents.com/>
www.GogiiGames.com <http://www.gogiigames.com/>