[casual_games] Conversion numbers - what makes a "successfultitle"?

Donald dbahlman at xblitz.com
Tue Mar 27 22:26:14 EDT 2007

Thanks George, this is very helpful.

I do have a couple of quick questions for you (or anyone else who would like
to chime in).

1. Below you use a benchmark of 400,000 units for a smash. Later you
mention a smash will generate $2m in revenue. If each game sells for ~$20,
then shouldn’t that number be $8m?

2. 400,000+ units will get you into the Top 20. However, I estimate that it
will take more like 700,000+ units to break into the Top 10.

Can anyone verify if this is correct? Thanks all!

Last thought:

In 2005 some 80% of download revenues went to the Top 30 games. I estimate
this number dropped to 70% going to Top 30 games in 2006. Our market is
indeed maturing quickly. This brings both positives and negatives to small
shops like ours. Conclusion, upon jumping into the waters, swim fast!
(LOL!)

Best!

Donald

xBlitz Entertainment