[casual_games] Flash CS3, anyone?

Martin Brynskov brynskov at daimi.au.dk
Tue May 15 16:25:47 EDT 2007

Hi Audry,

On the mobile side of things, Flash Lite 2.1 and Device Central make
things a lot easier -- hello, debugging in the emulator (not directly
on the device). The IDE still sucks pretty much when it comes to
handling code. Maybe when the Flash "VM" matures, they'll address the
needs of coders. As it stands, most people I know use alternatives.

It's my impression that Adobe is *really* making an effort to make
Flash Lite succeed -- and really, how could they be blind to
repeating the success of Flash's penetration as the most widespread
virtual machine on desktops (according to themselves). :-) If they
can pull that off again on mobile phones and devices, they have
something to telle the shareholders. The target is to exceed 1
billion devices running Flash Lite in 2009, which I'm sure they will
reach.

What was the question again? ;-)

Oh, we upgraded without blinking and haven't experienced anything
really bad, but our decision was mainly based on the mobile features.
Integration with other Adobe apps has also improved.

BTW: There is a free, full-featured 30-day trial available at
www.adobe.com/go/tryflash (registration required), so just go ahead
and try it out.

-Martin

--
Martin Brynskov, MA, Ph.D. fellow
Center for Interactive Spaces / Computer Science, University of