[casual_games] Use of keyboard on casual games

oscar oscar oscar.oscar.oscar at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:36:04 EDT 2007

^_^

I thought alot of us got into the Casual Space because we couldn't stomach
having to play to market whims.

I know full well why money people do what they do, and why they chart trends
and tend to follow them. A successful trend can raise the probability that a
derivative product will be profitable...

Unless you've received a grant to design games AS art... or are just doing
game dev because you like it and don't care whether or not you'll make
cash... you need to "end result" a "viable product".

But starting off by saying "NO KEYBOARD, NO RIGHT CLICK!!!" is not
intelligent design... its playing to some assumed lowest common
denominator...

Saying that my mother, god bless her blackened heart... can't figure out how
to use a keyboard or a right mouse button... well its kind of insulting...

After all, We're not controlling a nuclear reactor here... we're making
GAMES. ;)

well.. I am working on a nuclear reactor game... different story.

oscar