[casual_games] Res: Use of keyboard on casual games

Michael Kuzmin kuzmitch at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:09:56 EDT 2007

Sometimes I wonder why do we think that the casual gamer will need
more complex games than he player before? Does he evolve? The answer
is Yes. Just think: casual games are selling by publishers to the
people which behavior was already described in CG_SIG/Wiki:

Casual Games: Games that generally involve less complicated game
controls and overall complexity in terms of gameplay or investment
required to get through game

That is the rule. If you start making more complex games - this is not
your customer now. And similar: if player tired of playing simple
games he became an experienced player leaving the casual audience and
he became playing in (back to wiki):

Hardcore, Core (Traditional) Games: Games developed for and delivered
on a dedicated game console (set-top or handheld) as well as CD-ROM or
DVD that generally involve more complicated game controls and overall
complexity in terms of gameplay or investment required to get through
game.

Yes, that's all folks! Are there any publishers for ex-casual gamers
with any numbers? :)

Yours,
Michael