[casual_games] Res: Use of keyboard on casual games

Michael Kuzmin kuzmitch at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:14:02 EDT 2007

2007/5/31, oscar oscar <oscar.oscar.oscar at gmail.com>:

> I do not believe that Complexity and Keyboards are mutually inclusive.

No. But when you speak about input interface with one button to click
(mouse) and device with a lot of buttons who will pass Ockham's razor?
Let me guess...

> I agree that the mouse seems to be the lowest barrier to entry. Does using

> WASD or the Cursors and a Space Bar automatically

> elevate a Atari Defender clone from Casual Gaming Pastime to some OTHER

> designation?

Atari's "Defender" is not a Casual - it's Retro Arcade Game :) If it
was played on ATARI 5200 in an ancient times it doesn't make it
"casual".

Yours,
Michael
Kranx