[casual_games] Crediting the Departed

Tom Hubina tomh at mofactor.com
Tue Oct 2 16:42:55 EDT 2007

Doesn't matter to me if the guy was fired, killed in a car crash, or quit.
My choice when giving credits simply comes to relative contribution. I don't
want to give a guy who barely touched the game the same level of credit as
someone who was there for the entire project a wrote a ton of code just
because their job description is/was the same.

If someone did so little as to have zero impact, then I don't mind leaving
them off. If someone did a bit of stuff, but certainly not the same level as
the "main guys" I would probably give them a credit like, "Additional
Programming" or something. That implies that yeah, they did some stuff on
the project, but they weren't one of the primary guys. The primary guys
would get "Lead Programmer", "Programmer", etc. Similar titles exist for
other disciplines of course, but the whole idea is to credit everyone that
contributed but use the title to show what the relative level of
contribution was.

Tom