[casual_games] Crediting the Departed

Jeff Murray jmurray at fuelindustries.com
Tue Oct 2 13:10:13 EDT 2007

I'm totally *for* having credited talent in games and I completely agree
that it should be obligation to include them.

If employees go un-credited, however, I do wonder if it serves to better
protect the company legally?

If a credited employee leaves a company and then says 'I did this, it's
my tech' do credits play any part in helping a case against a company?
Of course, you would expect that to be covered by a proper NDA or in the
job contract IP section.

I also wonder what kind of legal implications there are if an employee
gets a credit for 'special thanks' instead of 'lead developer'?!
Especially if a developer has already left the company at the time of
release and a manager is apprehensive to include them!

It's still counter-productive not to include developer credits, of
course... I'm just thinking out loud :)

Jeff Murray | Director, Game Development

FUEL INDUSTRIES
tel: 613.224.6738 ext.246
www.fuelindustries.com

We're Hiring!