[casual_games] BangOutGames

Tim Turner tturner at cmpgames.com
Wed Oct 3 09:37:29 EDT 2007

When described as 1k a week it certainly sounds a bit wonky. But if you
take a more strategic look it isn't hard to see valid ways they could arrive
at that pay schedule. 1.5 million to build a portfolio of games, strategic
plan to attack a certain quality/scope in the marketplace, and some MBA mojo
that believes a portfolio should have X,Y,Z composition... Bang! 60k
budget per title. Wait! Professional developers won't build games like
this on that budget? Unproven amateur teams would do it but the risk is
pretty high. Rather than commit to a full development deal- dole out weekly
checks to limit our exposure. Put up a website, ready, set, BANG OUT GAMES!

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post. I am on hour 25 of a self
induced push to hit a milestone...

Luck!