[casual_games] the content problem from a casual game perspective.

Lionel Barret De Nazaris lionel.bdn at free.fr
Tue Sep 18 05:30:13 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is any specific view on the content problem
(i.e the inflating price of content) in the casual game market.

The hardcore/next-gen went the way of more detail and (much) more money
in a quite frontal way. So far, the casual games had less content (2d
helps a lot) but also less budget. So basically the constraints are the
same but at a smaller scale.
Still, the line between "casual" and "not casual" is blurring more and more.

As far as I know it, there are 3 ways to manage content : outsource,
in-house or tech/middleware (disclosure : I am in the tech camp).
But I am just wondering what are your opinion, position even future
strategy about this thorny topic.

--
Best Regards,
lionel Barret de Nazaris,