[casual_games] the content problem from a casual game perspective.

James C. Smith james at reflexive.net
Tue Sep 18 11:00:22 EDT 2007

Some other solutions

Option 4: A content light design
Option 5: User generated Content

I have used option 5 to some extent in every game I have made but I
primarily reply on option 2 (in house). This is by far the most effective
in my experience. I wasn't aware of "the content problem". Creating
content has always been one of the largest parts of most game development
efforts including most casual games. Getting talented and efficient content
creators is a key to making great games and streamlining the teach and the
game design can help you maximize their effectiveness. This is nothing new.
This is the struggle all game developers have been facing since the addition
of graphics to computer games (and probably before that).

James C. Smith
Producer / Lead Programmer (Ricochet & Big Kahuna)
Reflexive Entertainment