[casual_games] the content problem from a casual gameperspective.

Chris Pasley chris at kongregate.com
Wed Sep 19 01:11:11 EDT 2007

I actually agree with this. I was a student at a prominent jazz school for
years, and nobody there even questioned that they'd be able to make a living
as jazz musicians after graduation, when obviously the pool of people who
actually can is very small, just like with games (though games is quite a
bit larger). What's more is that most people there (me included) didn't
deserve to be pros. I bet it's the same with many of these schools; if you
are driven, school will only be helpful to a certain point. You have to do
the rest yourself, and many people don't.

But, by natural selection, these people shouldn't even be able to get jobs,
just as I couldn't have gotten a gig playing trumpet at Lincoln Center, so
it really should only be a problem for that naive student.

--
Chris Pasley
Director of Games