[casual_games] Game portal script

Kiro Neem kiro.roo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:07:33 EST 2008

Hey Paul,
I've had a number of varied experiences with different online content
management and/or shopping cart solutions, so I might be able to give you a
little insight. Having written a few sites by hand Its my experience that
at the end of the day it's better to go with a pre-made system. I think the
first thing to decide is what you actually want you website to do. There
are many solutions that provide basic blog, forums, ect, though if you are
going to be selling things you will also need some sort of shopping cart
functionality. Also the type of shopping cart solution you are using will
depend on the payment gateway you are going through, authorize.net, paypal,
2checkout.com, ect. I would say to look into these first and then find
something that fits your needs.

I've used Drupal for my own site and I know it has many third party
e-commerce modules, though it may require a little more technical knowledge
to tweek everything that you might want to. Other solutions that I'm aware
of that I've known to be used for professional sites are Joomla and
osCommerce.

Hopefully this gives you a little more direction,
- Chase