[casual_games] Game portal script

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:52:14 EST 2008

2008/12/11 John Szeder <john at mofactor.com>:

> No, but you are comparing apples and oranges.

Yep, absolutely. But that doesn't always matter, if it adjusts
people's generic expectations.

> I do not think I am a doom and gloom person, quite frankly I am excited at

> how they are creating such a beautifully vertically integrated marketplace

> for mobile content developers.

Still some major ****-ups with that, though - the infamous "greed of
the stupid stupid mobile network operators" struck again, and lead to
vast numbers of people jailbreaking their phones (completely expected,
of course). But one of the side-effects (from what I've seen) is that
piracy appears to now be trivial for a large percentage of iphone
owners (once you jailbreak, you've done all the hard parts to escape
the walled garden of "only Apple-certified apps", and most pirated
apps become a one-click process).