[casual_games] New Casual Games Quarterly and GDC Session on Player Generated Content

Wade Tinney wade at largeanimal.com
Sun Feb 17 21:28:18 EST 2008

My apologies for the verbose email subject; I hope no blackberries were
harmed.

Just wanted to quickly mention two things.

1) A brand new issue of the Casual Games Quarterly will be available in
printed form at GDC. Get your free copy at the Casual Games Summit or at the
IGDA booth. There is some outstanding content in this issue. Check it out:

Build-A-Lot Post Mortem
Brian Goble and Garrett Price, HipSoft

Top 10 Data Review for 4th Quarter of 2007
James C. Smith, GameSalesCharts.com

Algorithmic Content in Casual Games
Arthur Humphrey, Last Day of Work

Improving Communication with Your Sound Designer, Part 4: The Creative
Systems Theory
Kane Minkus, Somatone Interactive Audio

Boroco - A Secure Game Design Pre-Mortem
Steven B. Davis, IT GlobalSecure Inc.

The web version of this issue will go up on the IGDA Casual Games SIG
website at http://www.igda.org/casual soon after GDC.

Special thanks to the SIG sponsors who helped us pay for this printed
version:
RealArcade, Riddler.com, PopCap Games, and Somatone Interactive Audio

2) I'm hosting a session at GDC entitled "Player Generated Content in Casual
Games" with a pretty stellar line-up of panelists. Here are the full
details:

Player-Generated Content in Casual Games

Speakers:
Wade Tinney (Partner/Game Designer/Producer, Large Animal Games)
Daniel James (CEO, Three Rings)
Kris Soumas (Director of Games, Lifetime Television)
Brian Goble (Owner/Developer, Hip Soft LLC)
Will Harvey (Founder & Chairman, IMVU)

Date/Time: Wednesday (February 20, 2008) 9:00am - 10:00am

Location (room): Room 2009, West Hall

That's all for now. I look forward to seeing many of you in SF!

Cheers,

Wade

Wade Tinney
Large Animal Games
http://www.largeanimal.com

*Help Snapshot Adventures win the IGF Audience Choice awards!
It only takes a second to vote: http://www.igf.com/audience.php