[casual_games] GDC or Casual connect

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Thu Jan 24 19:28:33 EST 2008

It depends on a few things...one is in SF, the
other in Amsterdam...so travel costs are an issue.

Casual conf is much cheaper and more focused on
the Casual space. GDC is bigger and more
comprehensive and a few days longer (again a cost
issue). If your focus is on casual, I think the
Casual conf would serve you better and be more
cost effective. GDC is much more comprehensive
though and a must attend if you can afford it.

Tom B

At 03:30 PM 1/24/2008, you wrote:

>Hi,

>Question from a newbie ;) And first post here for me.

>I am planning to head to one of the two upcoming

>game conferences, GDC08 or Casual Connect in Amsterdam.

>I run a small studio primarily producing casual

>games and wanted to develop relationships with publishers and other producers.

>Which conference would you recommend I go to? Won't be able to make both ;(

>Thanks in advance for your advice.

>FelixJ

>Casual_Games at igda.org

>http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive: http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive Search:

>http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=010373383720242846960%3Az3tdwggxil8

>List FAQ:

>http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Casual_Games_List_FAQ

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
Fax (206) 463-9290
and
80 Southwest 8th Street, Suite 2100
Miami, FL 33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege and
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
§§ 2510, et seq. If you do not expect such a
communication from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at
thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.