[casual_games] GDC or Casual connect

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:57:12 EST 2008

Well, I am one of the organizers of the two-day Casual Game Summit tutorial
at GDC, which takes place on the Monday and Tuesday preceding the
conference. In my utterly unbiased opinion ;) I think we have a really good
lineup of speakers and topics this year. It's a good mix of business and
creative talks with topics ranging from very nuts-and-bolts coverage of the
current market to forward-looking analysis of where the industry is going.
On the other hand, because the tutorial isn't part of the main conference
you need to buy a separate pass in addition to (or instead of) a pass to the
main conference.

I haven't been to CGA Amsterdam, but I know that I've gotten a lot out of
the Casual Conenct conferences in Seattle. I've heard good things about the
environment in Amsterdam as well. If you can afford to attend both
conference, I wouls strongly recommend it.

Dave Rohrl
Indpendent Casual Game Producer/Designer/Consultant