[casual_games] Full Screen or Windowed Mode?

Sebastián Hernández dasgost at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:46:24 EST 2008

As for screen-coordinate abstraction, what are the potential
benefits/downfalls of abstracting your resolution to normalized (0-to-1)
screen space? Technically, floating-point precision would take care of any
low-resolution artifacts when laying out GUIs at multiple-resolution levels
(as long as you also have multiple-resolution assets so you don't lose pixel
information). However, I'm a bit concerned about gaps potentially showing up
between GUI elements when your coordinate system gets translated back to
integer-based screen space. Any insight/recommendations on this matter?