[casual_games] Big piracy problem!

strictfoo-games at yahoo.com strictfoo-games at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 17:08:16 EDT 2008

We had this problem when one of our games was first released. DMCA notices took down a number of them, since many of these pirate sites use places like megaupload or other free uploading sites, a number of which have nice DMCA links at the very bottom of each page.

The least receptive company I dealt with was Google. A couple of the sites were also using Google adsense and/or hosted on one of Google's blog hosting services, which violates Google's TOS on a number of levels. But they didn't seem to take it too seriously and I don't think they ever did a thing. "Do no evil" indeed.

Unfortunately, it looks like this is a Chinese site and all of its download servers are also in China, so they're not going to care about a DMCA takedown notice. But, if you're in the mood, contact AdBrite, (http://www.adbrite.com/mb/contact_us.php ), since they use them as their ad provider, and I'm assuming that AdBrite's TOS doesn't allow sites with pirated games (their rules and policies are here: http://help.adbrite.com/index.php?action=show&cat=2 - review them and then tell AdBrite how the site is violating AdBrite's stated policies). If you can't get them to take your content, at least you can try and hinder them in other ways.

Eric Brandel