[casual_games] Advances and Funding

John Szeder john at mofactor.com
Mon Jun 16 15:30:16 EDT 2008

I would get a playable demo first, it increases your leverage.

Try to have really beautiful art for at least one level.

Some people cannot look past the graphics to assess the merits of the
mechanics and fun.

And never tell people your developers are volunteers and not hired. You
should position it as "the team is focusing on revenue generating activities
in the near term, but ready to start full time within 3-4 days of an
agreement".

Half of the casual games publishers have people reading this list looking
for developers or ideas.

Your mileage may vary. But the less money I have taken from a publisher on a
game, the more money I have made with that game over its lifetime.

_____