[casual_games] Quarterly?

Wade Tinney wade at largeanimal.com
Mon Mar 31 14:45:31 EDT 2008

We do our own:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Casual_Games_SIG#IGDA_Casual_Games_Quarterly

From: casual_games-bounces at igda.org [mailto:casual_games-bounces at igda.org]
On Behalf Of Thomas H. Buscaglia
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:37 PM
To: IGDA Casual Games SIG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [casual_games] Web 2.0 game

Does the Casual SIG do it's own quarterly publication or just provide
content for the CGA one?

thx

Tom B

At 04:22 PM 3/30/2008, you wrote:

Guang-

If you really mean platform, then I’d cast a vote for the Facebook API
(along with whatever tech your game is written in – we use a combo of
Flash/LAMP). The other social network APIs are promising – OpenSocial is a
great idea – but Facebook is in the lead in terms of maturity, dev
community, and addressable audience. That might not still be the case in a
few months, of course.

Note that when I say maturity, I’m talking *relative* maturity. Developing
for Facebook is definitely a bit of a wild west scenario, with the API
changing on a regular basis and sometimes in ways that might break existing
apps. So, launching a game is just one step in the process.

Cheers!

Wade Tinney
Large Animal Games

On Facebook? Check out Bumper Stars!