[casual_games] Fwd: Up and coming CMMOs

Chris Cowherd chriscow at bakedon.com
Wed Oct 1 19:55:25 EDT 2008

I've been keeping a pretty good eye on the space for about a year now. I'm
seeing some interesting implementations but generally most fall into the
dress-up-chat-and-decorate bucket. I think the players for this genre will
tire and be looking for more.

My kids like to play in virtual worlds, MMOs. Every time I find a new one, I
send them off to play it and gauge their response and I have found, over and
over that they continue to come back to Puzzle Pirates and yes, they want me
to buy doubloons. You're welcome Mr. James :) Dressing up and chatting with
bad grammar tends to bore them.

Like a lot of folks, we are working on one as well. I think there is still
plenty of space out there but I think differentiation will take you a long
way. We are approaching it from the platform side, meaning we
are developing a server platform capable of delivering a much richer
experience in Flash with client side libraries to create a game of
significant scale (for Flash at least).

Chris Cowherd
BakedOn Entertainment <http://www.bakedon.com>