[casual_games] Design resources

Eric Boosman eric at darktonic.com
Mon Oct 6 13:41:19 EDT 2008

Hi Jade,

I can't recommend this book enough. It's called The Art of Game Design, and
it's so chock full of specific ideas, thoughts and advice that I think
anyone doing game design of any type should read it (not just video games).

In addition, I think anyone involved in game development in any facet should
read this to help them understand the fundamental principles in game design
and why we play. It gives a great big picture look at the process, as well
as practical advice for the details.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Game-Design-book-lenses/dp/0123694965/ref=pd_bbs_s
r_1?ie=UTF8
<http://www.amazon.com/Art-Game-Design-book-lenses/dp/0123694965/ref=pd_bbs_
sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223314792&sr=8-1> &s=books&qid=1223314792&sr=8-1

Cheers,

Eric Boosman

Creative Director

Mock Science