[casual_games] Up and coming CMMOs (Colin Cardwell)

Michael Levine mike at pileatedpictures.com
Wed Oct 8 07:57:00 EDT 2008

Hi

Check out www.planetcazmo.com

We have been live since January, have hundreds of thousands of registered
users from over 160 countries, are in a deal with AOL and just added
Allposters.com support (so kids can put Star Wars and Hannah Montana on
their walls ­ woohoo!).

We also create Hasbro¹s only virtual world for the Littlest Pet Shop (VIPs)
which is live in 15 languages and 25 countries. We have very solid tech and
experience in creating and maintaining browser based virtual worlds. Despite
how crowded the space seems to have gotten, you can count the people who can
say they have made and supported one of these on just 1 or two hands. In my
opinion, if you think kids want Puzzle Pirates you don¹t understand this
space at all, with all due respect. These kids who play Club Penguin and
Cazmo are very different animals than the ³gamers² the game industry has
been serving for years. These kids don¹t care about games, or high scores,
etc, as much as they care about social activities and other interactions.

We have the tech in place to make a new virtual world live in a fraction of
the time of most, so if anyone is thinking of making these and wants to save
time and money, give us a holler!

Mike

--
Michael Levine