[casual_games] Protecting downloadable games

Olivier Besson olive at globz.com
Fri Sep 5 08:05:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

TryMedia ActiveMark (http://www.trymedia.com/) is an encryption system:
you provide the EXE and they build an encrypted exe.
There is another popular DRM system but I forgot the name :D

Regarding flash games, you have to be careful when you choose the way
you build your exe: Zinc, Swfkit, Jugglor are popular swf-to-exe
wrappers, but they are not always compatible with encryption systems:

- In Swfkit, you have to use "no compression" option to become
activeMark-compatible.
- Jugglor is activeMark-compatible. Unlike other wrappers, it also keeps
your original framerate, but it's another issue..;-)
- Zinc was not not activeMark-compatible "as is" some years ago, ... but
I didn't check with the Zinc 3.0 version.

Hope it helps,

Olivier