[casual_games] [OT - Sort of] Adobe Director Roadmap Survey

Charles Parcell cparcell at toxictoy.com
Tue Sep 16 10:43:42 EDT 2008

Dean asked that I post this to this list in hopes that previous and current Director users would take the time to fill out this survey.

As some of you may recall, about a year ago, I created and posted a survey for Adobe Director. That survey, like this one, was supported by the folks at Adobe. By support I simply mean that the questions were shown to Adobe and added to prior to its release into the wild. No funds have, are, or will be acquired from Adobe in any shape or form for this survey's maintains. It is for developers by developers and the results are being shared with key people at Adobe.

Adobe has its ear to the ground on this one and is looking to make right by the user communities and potential new users moving forward. I would ask that all game developers please take this survey. You may not have ever used Adobe (or Macromedia) Director in the past, but Adobe is looking to make a tool that all game developers would like to use. So, from a potential new users point of view, please fill out the survey and make clear the features you would need in such a tool.

If you would like to learn more about Director prior to taking the survey to get a base line where it is currently, then please visit the Adobe Director site (http://www.adobe.com/products/director/)

This is the most detailed Director survey in history. It will take 25-45
minutes to complete. The time will depend on how many feature categories you
choose to focus on and how many examples you provide. I STRONGLY encourage
you download a PDF version of the survey to review the questions and
features covered. Once you have put your thoughts together, you can then
enter your answers online.

I'm using Survey Monkey to manage and collate the survey. Please go to the
following URL first:
http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/survey/DirectorRoadmap/
It gives the survey link, the PDF version, and some general info on the
survey.

The survey is mainly focused on users that develop products with Director.
But educators, learners, or anyone else that uses Director in some form
other than commercial development, can fill it in. So, spread the word:)

Last thing for this email is a thanks to all that helped put this together.
This includes input from Ben (Duck), Noisecrime, and various people at
Adobe. Special thanks to Thomas McCrystal for his large role in formulating
and reviewing questions.

Regards,
Dean