[casual_games] Advice on how to include voice over with downloadable games

Paul Steven paul_steven at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 18 05:43:22 EDT 2008

Hi there

I am developing a series of games that were originally going to be delivered
on CDROM but now will be sold online as a download instead. I would like
advice on how best to deal with the voice over element of the games. As a
CDROM based game, the audio would have been external however I am now
wondering what the best approach is with regards including this voice over
for a downloadable version. There will be approximately 12mb of mp3 audio
comprised of individual files in the region of 50kb each.

I am wondering whether to embed all the audio so that the game is self
contained or whether I need to have the download as a self extracting
executable with the voice over in an external folder. The games will be
delivered for both PC and Mac.

Thanks

Paul