[casual_games] Advice on how to include voice over with downloadable games

Paul Steven paul_steven at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 18 11:03:47 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply Aaron. I guess as I am used to either making games on
CDROMs that have all voice over as external mp3 files or games on the web
that do not have any voice over and just have any whistles and bells
internal, I am not familiar with the standard practices for creating
downloadable games. I was thinking perhaps there would be some kind of
performance affect if all the audio was imported into the library. I am not
concerned about the size as the same size will have to be downloaded whether
it is internal or external. I guess I just wanted to know how others deal
with this and it sounds like keeping everything internal is the way to go.

Thanks

Paul