[casual_games] Question about iphone game development

Tom Higgins tom at unity3d.com
Thu Jun 18 13:08:34 EDT 2009

Paul,

> I have been creating Flash games for the last so many years and am

> curious as to how big a learning curve it would be to have a stab at

> creating iPhone games?

I'm not here to sales pitch so I'll keep it short: Unity offers iPhone
publishing support, we do the dirty engine work for you, you just
design/created your game and away you go. There are well over a
hundred of Unity-authored games on the AppStore already, with more
coming every day. My point? The learning curve can be flattened quite
a bit by relying on engines (like ours) so the OpenGL/Objective-C
stuff stays at arm's length.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Higgins