[casual_games] Hey Everyone... Sound Off will ya? ^_^

Martin Grider mgrider at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:20:00 EDT 2009

My name is Martin Grider. I've been on this list for about two years
now, since I started making my first game, Go Tetris! which I wrote in
flash and released on my website (it's free: http://chesstris.com/). I
am especially interested in action puzzle games. My dayjob has been
webdev, mostly PHP and mysql, (working at Clockwork Active Media
Systems--http://clockwork.net/) for the last 5 years, but about two
months ago I released my first game for iPhone and iPod Touch,
(ActionChess, which is a cross between Chess ad Tetris, also developed
nights and weekends). Clockwork is getting to bid on more iPhone
projects, so I'm actually able to do iPhone dev at work now, which I
am highly enjoying.

The list felt a lot more relevant to me when I thought I was going to
be making more casual games and releasing them online, but I've stayed
on it because I still hear about stuff occasionally that I'd otherwise
probably miss. I think the relevance of casual games to the market is
higher than ever before, but the market appears to be shifting away
from labeling them as such (or anyway using the term "casual").

Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years!
-martin
http://chesstris.com/
http://iphone.mn/
http://clockwork.net/