[casual_games] Hey Everyone... Sound Off will ya? ^_^

Josh Samuels josh at arrivalgame.com
Mon Jun 22 13:14:25 EDT 2009

Hi All,
My name is Josh Samuels, living in the Bay Area in California. I am a web
developer building a game company as a side business. I'm starting with
smaller mobile games and plan to build up to web games and Windows/Mac
downloads.

I joined this group because I wanted to learn from people who already have
successful casual businesses and of all of the round tables I went to at the
last GDC, the casual group struck me as one of the more professional with a
high percentage of people in business rather than hobbyists and students
(obviously nothing wrong with hobbyists and students, just not what I want
to be).

Starting this thread was a great idea, I'm enjoying meeting everyone in the
SIG.

Since I'm already out of lurk mode, I'll even ask a couple questions for the
group. Does anyone have any experience with Hands On Mobile (they are a
publisher)? I am negotiating with them right now for funding an iPhone game
based on my IP. So far they seem really fair and are good to deal with but
it's quite possible I'm too new to this (and naive). Also can anyone
recommend a game attorney who can review a contract while having pricing
that an indie can afford?

Thanks!

Josh

Josh Samuels
josh at arrivalgame.com
http://www.ArrivalGame.com
http://twitter.com/arrivalgame
"Experience a piece of forgotten history"