[casual_games] Question about iphone game development

Tom Higgins tom at unity3d.com
Tue Jun 23 13:40:01 EDT 2009

Miguel,

> And how much of that size is Unity occupying?

That number will vary based on your content and your chosen usage of
build size stripping (only available in our Advanced license).

<correction to my earlier statements about sub-10MB content>
Generally the minimum footprint of our engine is on the order of 8MB
or so, but the problem is that on top of that you must add your
content and then Apple's DRM code. Apparently Apple's DRM code that is
added after submission seems to be roughly 4MB or so, thus pushing you
over the 10MB limit for wireless (non-WiFi) distribution.
</correction to my earlier statements about sub-10MB content>

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Higgins
Product Evangelist