[casual_games] Social Platform Games

Jane Pinckard miyukijane at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:02:55 EDT 2010

Hi everyone, I'm trying to put together the big picture on Facebook games
and looking for your experience/anecdotes to help round out the numbers.

I'm also trying to do a "reality check" on some of the staggering
statistics. If you've released games in that space I would love to hear your
thoughts.

For example, the Goldman Sachs report released earlier this summer found
that 20% of Facebook gamers spent an average of $35 per month, which sounds
really amazing, but I wonder 1) how many applications get a piece of that?
and 2) what's the average lifespan of users spending money on an
application?

What's your gut instinct about the space?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

-jane
--
jane pinckard