[casual_games] Hey Everyone... Sound Off will ya? ^_^

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Thu Aug 26 18:47:04 EDT 2010

Hey everyone. My name is Philip Zeman. I joined because I a looking for
partners to develop games that use brain activity. I finished a PhD
recently specializing in engineering signal processing (specifically EEG,
eye-movement data, and EMG), Neurobiology, and Psychology. During the
program, I created a new analysis method that mines EEG data and shows what
parts of the brain people use to play a game. It can actually be used to
show what strategy they might be using the play the game.

I'm looking for game developers who are interested in using 'psychometric'
inputs to their games such as brain activity, gavanic skin response, heart
rate, eye-movement/position. I believe that adding inputs like these to
video games (strategy, engagement, affect(like/dislike), what is of
interest/automatic screen panning) can take games to the next level. I
would like to build this 'psychometric' interface with a game developer and
construct classification algorithms to meaningfully map these inputs to
modify game characteristics in realtime.

If anyone is interested in forming such a collaboration, definitely contact
me. Also relevant: I have a product design background (prior to PhD).

Regards,

Phil Zeman

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Philip Michael Zeman B.Eng, Ph.D.
Applied Brain and Vision Sciences Inc.
Brain Function Analysis for Novel Paradigms and Serious Games
Analysis of Pharmaceutical Effects on Brain Function
http://www.abvsciences.com
Latest Brain Research Result:
http://www.spatialbrain.com
Email: pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca