[casual_games] Searching for a new term....

Juan Gril juangril at jojugames.com
Wed Jan 13 14:47:03 EST 2010

Hey Jane :). A lot of us have been using the term "Core Casual". At Casual
Connect we run what we call the "Games For Gamers Forum". Here is an excerpt
of the description of the Forum:

"As an industry, we are starting to use terms to describe these games: some
of them are called Indie Games, or Core-Casual, or Hard-Casual. They tend to
describe types of games targeted towards ex-core gamers (people with little
time in life to play MGS4 but would love to have a lightweight shooter),
current gamers taking a break from AAA games sessions, connected Gen Y
gamers, or in some cases people who are looking for new experiences in
gaming."

Is this more or less what you were thinking?

Cheers,

Juan