[casual_games] Searching for a new term....

Maxim Jankov golergka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:04:07 EST 2010

I think that the main characteristic of these gamers is that they don't make
plans like "dungeon run in the evening" and don't take games as important
part of their lives - but at the same time, they could be hardcore gamers in
the past.
I'd label them "occasional gamers".
If someone downloads 10 casual games every day and spents 3+ hours playing
them, he's not an occasional gamer. But, for example, my friend, former CS
pro player, could be labeled occasional gamer now: he plays from time to
time, about 3 times a month, actually.

--
Maxim "golergka" Yankov
Game Designer