[casual_games] IMPORTANT: Open meeting at Casual Connect AND Openings for Steering Committee Members

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:26:45 EDT 2010

Hey all, I have two important announcements about the SIG. Please read them
carefully.

OPENINGS FOR STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS

OPEN MEETING AT CASUAL CONNECT
We will be having an open meeting of the Casual SIG Steering Committee at
Casual Connect at 9:00 AM on Thursday July 22 in the Founders Room (one of
the small rooms on the first floor of Benaroya Hall). I'm hoping to do
three things at this meeting:

1. Conduct the regular monthly status meeting of the Steering Committee.
We will be getting updates on:
1. Posting the first podcast and planning the second
2. Migrating useful content links from the old IGDA site to the new
one
3. Getting the postmortem initiative rolling
2. Hear from YOU, the members of the community at large, about what new
initiatives you would like to see from the SIG next year. I really, really
want your ideas on how the SIG can serve you - especially in ways that are
different from the ways that the Casual Games Association (CGA/Casual
Connect) serves you.
3. Give you a chance to hear from candidates for new Steering Committee
members.