[casual_games] IMPORTANT: Open meeting at Casual Connect AND Openings for Steering Committee Members

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:45:19 EDT 2010

Sorry, accidentally hit Send early. Corrected/full text is below.

Hey all, I have two important announcements about the SIG. Please read them

> carefully.

> OPENINGS FOR STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS

We have had great and loyal service from several of our Steering Committee
members over the last several years, but we are definitely ready for a new
infusion of energetic folks who want to give something back to the
community. The Steering Committee is the core of the SIG's activities -
putting in a bit of work themselves and organizing the volunteer efforts of
the community to get good things done. Being a member of the Steering
Committee doesn't require a lot - generally one 30 minute conference call
and a 2-3 volunteer hours per month. It's a great opportunity to expand
your network - both with fellow committee members and through the volunteers
and community members you come into contact with - and to give something
back to the community. You must be a paid-up member of the IGDA to serve on
the Steering Committee (or be willing to join IGDA).

If you would like to nominate yourself (or someone else) to the Steering
Committee, please send an email with a brief bio and the reasons you are
interested in serving to the SIG mailing list (casual_games -at- igda -dot-
org) or contact me directly (universedave -at- gmail -dot- com). If
possible, please attend the Steering Committee at Casual Connect (details
below).

> OPEN MEETING AT CASUAL CONNECT

> We will be having an open meeting of the Casual SIG Steering Committee at

> Casual Connect at 9:00 AM on Thursday July 22 in the Founders Room (one of

> the small rooms on the first floor of Benaroya Hall). I'm hoping to do

> three things at this meeting:

> 1. Conduct the regular monthly status meeting of the Steering

> Committee. We will be getting updates on:

> 1. Posting the first podcast and planning the second

> 2. Migrating useful content links from the old IGDA site to the new

> one

> 3. Getting the postmortem initiative rolling

> 2. Hear from YOU, the members of the community at large, about what new

> initiatives you would like to see from the SIG next year. I really, really

> want your ideas on how the SIG can serve you - especially in ways that are

> different from the ways that the Casual Games Association (CGA/Casual

> Connect) serves you.

> 3. Give you a chance to hear from candidates for Steering Committee

> members.

> You do not need to be a paid-up member of the IGDA to attend the meeting.

If you're at all interested in the IGDA, the Casual SIG, or the greater
casual game development community, please come to the meeting.

Sincerely yours,
Dave Rohrl
Creative Director, Playdom
Chair, IGDA Casual SIG Steering Committee