[casual_games] * Looking for collaboration to combine brain function and eye-movement analysis methods to develop serious video games

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Wed Mar 24 17:34:14 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm a product designer and researcher looking for collaborations to investigate relationships between brain function, vision, and video game stimuli for the purpose of developing video-game-based therapies for rehabilitation after injuries. I am currently examining the relationships of:

-visual processing (what we look at, why we look at it),
-brain function (the systems and areas of the brain that are linked to what
we look at and why we look at it) and,
-paradigms (video game scenarios) that (1) promote improvement (contexts include vision therapy, physical injury rehab, or brain injury rehab) and (2) promote compliance (encourage regular use of the game).

Some information about what I am proposing is on the website:
http://www.abvsciences.com/consulting/serious-game-development/

If you would like more information or if you are interested in a
collaboration, definitely contact me. Further, if you can provide any
referrals, they are certainly welcome.

Regards,

Philip Zeman

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Philip Michael Zeman B.Eng, Ph.D.
Applied Brain and Vision Sciences Inc.
Brain Function Analysis for Novel Paradigms and Serious Games
Analysis of Pharmaceutical Effects on Brain Function
http://www.abvsciences.com
Latest Brain Research Result:
http://www.spatialbrain.com (Research at the University of Victoria)
Email: pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca