[casual_games] Jonathan Blow interview: Do you believe social games are evil? “Yes. Absolutely.”

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Tue Feb 15 13:33:20 EST 2011

Evil? What a silly idea. If social games are "evil" then the vast collection
of social tokens that people routinely exchange, all of which have the
characteristics Mr. Blow despises so energetically -- including ahem, valentines
-- must be included. So what if play is asynchronous? So what if I hang out
with people I already know rather than meet new ones who want to shoot me in
CounterStrike? --Hal