[casual_games] Please vote in the IGDA BoD elections

Brian Robbins brobbins at dubane.com
Thu Mar 10 02:00:45 EST 2011

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to remind all of you to be sure to vote in the IGDA Board of
Directors elections. The elections are going on now and you only have a few
more days left to vote. While the IGDA is driven by it's volunteers, the
Board of Directors is responsible for leading and directing the long-term
goals of the organization.

You should have an email or two from the IGDA with your personalized voting
link. If you didn't get that email you should get in touch with Sheri Rubin
(sheri at igda.org) so she can help you get that straightened out.

Information on all the candidates is here:
http://www.igda.org/elections/2011-candidates

I am running for the Board again this year. As the current Chair I'd love
the opportunity to continue serving on your behalf. I feel that I've been
able to accomplish a decent amount in my time on the board as we've made
some significant changes with a new Executive Director (Gordon Bellamy) and
the transition away from a management company to our own dedicated staff
members. In addition to overseeing this transition we've established the
IGDA Health Plan, providing group rate access to health insurance for most
US members, submitted an Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court on behalf of the
industry and have advocated on behalf of developers on several issues, most
notably arguing against crunch and poor developer Quality of Life.

If elected, I'm hoping to continue making these types of contributions and
finding more ways to provide a material benefit to all developers throughout
their career.

There are a number of good candidates running this year, so be sure to take
a look at their statements, past contributions and vote for the people you
think will best represent your interests.

While I appreciate your support, the most important thing is to make sure
you vote and make your voice heard. If you've already voted then please
encourage your colleagues to do the same.

Thank you!

Brian Robbins
Founder \ Riptide Games

http://www.riptidegames.com