[casual_games] Please vote in the IGDA BoD elections

Roberto Dillon rdillon73 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:56:45 EST 2011

> So ultimately what Tom said is the best answer I can give right now. If you

> would like us to offer this in your country we'll need your help in getting

> the legal issues sorted out.

Thanks for the replies. I know this is a big issue and, indeed, my
post was a bit provocative (but we are under elections, right? so this
is the best time to be provocative! ;) )

Obviously, having someone from the US to check with insurance
companies all around the world is not possible and, as said by
Jessica, some countries offer a basic health coverage already so this
may even be not needed at all. Where this is not the case, though, I
think it should be a task for the people leading the various
international chapters to look into the matter in their respective
countries and see if their members are interested and can make a group
meaningful enough to negotiate with some insurance company. I guess
this should be the first step but I am not aware of this being done
over here or in other countries.

Anyway, I cast my vote for the elections and I'm sure whoever is
elected will work in the right direction to make the IGDA even more
meaningful and relevant to all of us.

All the best!
Roberto