[casual_games] GDC Meeting at (delayed) February Conference Call Notes
universedave at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:45:27 EDT 2011
This email is a combined set of notes from our GDC Meeting and the following Steering Committee conference call.
Present: Dave Rohrl, Michael Sorrenti, Alex Ionescu, Joel Johnson, Eli Barnett
Regrets: Vishal Gondal, Alfredo Chaves
Absent: Rex Sikora, Michael Wyman
- Great attendance at the SIG Gathering this year - roughly 25 attendees, about 1/2 students.
- Lots of enthusiasm for the podcast.
- Proposed topics include success and failure stories, financing and fundraising, what's happening in international markets (esp. China), technology issues
- Significant interest in White Papers on specific topics.
- This year's target topics are India (Vishal has already started) and Social Games (volunteer editor needed).
- Definite desire to separate topics which change relatively slowly for annual/biennial updates (e.g. design best practices) and topics which change quickly for quarterly updates (e.g. market sizing and trends) ideally by linking to external resources
- Other proposed initiatives of interest:
- Updated calendar of casual game related conferences and events (Michael Sorrenti volunteered)
- Casual game related session recommendations for conference (volunteer needed)
- Encouraging members to post notes/thoughts/observations from conferences/events (consider your selves encouraged; would be great to have a volunteer to lead the nudging)
- February podcast is edited and is awaiting final approvals.
- John Romero and Brenda Brathwaite are signed up for March podcast but recording date is not final.
- Tim Merel (Digi-Capital - gaming sector investment bank) has agreed to be interviewed in April or May.
- Working with Jeff Green (PopCap) to line up additional guests
- No update on India White Paper. Vishal, please provide update if any.
Sent from my iPad
More information about the Casual_Games